Pages

1.23.2011

Day 21 - How Have You Changed In The Past Two Years?

This is late, I'm tired, and there is no way I'm going to be able to answer this question with level of introspection I would like. I may come back to it later, but for now I'll leaver you with the few thoughts I have banging around the top of my head right now.

Mostly when I look at my "growth" over the last two years, it is with a little bit of regret. It has involved a lot of backwards steps for me in regards to my mental and spiritual well-being. There are some things I wish I could take back and some opportunities I wish I would have chased after more. Probably one of the biggest areas of growth came with the realization that there is no sense in regretting the past - difficult as that may be to put into practice. The other would be that sometimes the only way forward is to go back and find another rout.

In terms of specific changes I have undergone in the last while, the one that stands out the most is my entry into the working world, or part-time working world. Oddly, many of the things I have regrets about lead back in some way or another to my work, which is telling in and of itself. But again, there are lessons to be learned here, and that is what is important.

And now I'm falling asleep as I type, so how about I leave things here for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment