Pages

1.07.2011

Day 06 - Write 30 Interesting Facts About Yourself

So apparently the blogging app on my phone has been posting my stuff as drafts, which is why my posts for the previous two days are only appearing now.

Now, in no particular order, 30 interesting things about myself:

  • I love to travel. I've been to France, Jamaica, England and Tanzania, and I plan on going to more
  • I play clarinet.
  • I L-O-V-E books. This was really the reason I started this iteration of my blogging life, to write about books and graphic novels and comics and stuff, but I haven't really got to that yet.
  • I have been in a relationship with my wonderful girlfriend for almost four years. She told me to put stuff like how handsome and dashing I am on my list, but I figured that would be a little too much ;)
  • I used to write poetry. Some of it is still up on my old blog, but I haven't really written anything new in a while. Got out of the habit I guess.
  • I'm a huge geek, especially when it comes to sci-fi. I'm not a Trekkie (or a Trekker, though I know that there is a difference) but I do circle around some of the fandoms.
  • Firefly is one of my absolute favourite tv shows, and it was through that show that I've discovered much of the programmes that I watch today.
  • When I was little I had a stuffed dog named Doggie (or Falkor, cuz he kinda looked like the luck dragon) and a stuffed bunny named Bunny. I was really imaginative.
  • My dad's side of the family is from Jamaica. And yes, I am white.
  • I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, though I'm still banking on dragonrider.
  • I love instrumental music. Movie, tv and video game soundtracks are absolutely phenomenal.
  • I am increasingly aware of how great things were when I was a kid. Power Rangers, Sesame Street, Art Attack... kids tv these days sucks in comparison
  • Doctor Who is pretty much my all-time favourite tv show and almost without fail I manage to get my friends addicted to it.
  • I think British tv is far superior to American. Same with comedy and humour.
  • My best time for reading the entire Lord of the Rings is 36 hours. That is 6 hours per book. Hmmm... I wonder if I could beat that now?
  • I love exotic food, especially sushi and Indian food.
  • Also, spicy foods. cf. Jamaican-ness.
  • I had a pet fish named Seaking (I was really into Pokémon at the time) that I kept for three years.
  • Silver > gold
  • Not only was I in chess club in elementary school, I started my school's chess club.
  • I also sang in my elementary school choir at a Toronto Blue Jays game.
  • I'm not much for sports in general, but I love volleyball and soccer (or football if you prefer)
  • I don't cry very often, but there are only three movie which have even got me close: Bridge to Terebithia (and I even knew what was coming!), Up, and Toy Story 3. Darn Pixar and its ability to tell such great stories.
  • I laugh out loud when I read really funny books. Sometimes embarrassingly so. Good Omens, I'm looking at you.
  • I have weird man-crushes on Nathan Fillion and Matt Damon. There, I said it.
  • I love the stars and space. There is just something so romantic about them, not just in a lovey romantic way (though they are that), but also in the way they catch our imagination. 
  • On that note, Pluto is my favourite planet (I'm still in denial). I played Pluto in a kindergarten play, and my mom recently found my costume.
  • My favourite colours are green and blue, though I also really like black. Coincidentally, those are the colours of Seana's eyes.
  • I have a lot of mannerisms which resemble those of a cat, especially when I am relaxing. Probably because I learned from one.
  • I love the Arthurian legends, and ever since I was exposed to them as a kid I have tried to live my life as much to the Knight's Code as possible. Chivalry is not dead yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment